Friday, November 11, 2011

November Already?

Where did the time go? I was away for a few days as October turned into November, and I'll give you a hint where I was:

We went to the Mickey's Not-So-Scary-Halloween Party, and it was so fun! We went to Florida for a little longer than a long weekend, and it was perfect. Just enough warm weather, just enough Disney and not too much school missed, which worked out well.

Now that Halloween is over, I immediately feel like it's dangerously close to Christmas in terms of knitting gifts. Right now I only have one gift on the needles, and while I don't have anything too ambitious to complete in time, I should at least think about acquiring the yarn for these projects, don't you think?

Have I mentioned that I could teach a PhD seminar on procrastination?

I digress.

In the meantime, I did finish up a few projects. The gobbledyghost was finished in time for Halloween.


He's pretty cute even though he's trying to be scary.


I also finished some cabled snowman mittens for my niece. I had knit them for her last year, but being the peanut that she was, they would have been swimming on her. This year they will be a better fit for sure.


Since I only had the embroidery left to do, my knitterly guilt kicked in for some reason. Maybe because I knit them last year?I decided to knit her a tiny mermaid to adorn her gift. My plan was to use pink and purple to customize the mermaid to appeal to my niece's color palette. I am more of a traditionalist when it comes to mermaid colors, but I think she turned out all right.


I especially like her funky hair. See?


I also started knitting Comfort Dolls for Haiti. My Ravelry friend, adventuregurl, inspired me to join with her enthusiastic participation in this project. The Comfort Doll Project collects handknit dolls and will deliver them to children in Haiti for Christmas. Here's my first one:


Isn't he sweet? These dolls knit up so fast and use scrap yarn. Instant gratification and stash busting, what more could you want? If you'd like more information, feel free to pm me on Ravelry or leave a comment below.

That's enough news for the start of November, I think. The sweater is ripped out and the body is knitted up again. Just waiting to feel like knitting sleeves. :)

Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment