I realize a lot of time has passed by since my last WIP Wednesday, but despite my absence, I have been knitting along. Before I get to my WIPs, I thought I'd share a few projects that have been on my needles over the past couple of months.
We went down to visit my family for Easter, so I knitted some creatures for the NJ kids and my daughter as Easter gifts out of Rebecca Danger's book, 50 Yards of Fun: Knitting Toys from Scrap Yarn. Here's the cast of characters lined up for their photo op before they were gifted to the kidlings:
They were each a very quick knit. In fact, I started and finished the monkey on the sly on the day before Easter. Phew!
Malabrigo March flew by. I knit a Stereo cuff for my sister for her birthday, and I was lucky enough to have it featured on the Ravelry Community Eye Candy for a day.
This is a really enjoyable project that goes really quickly, once you string on all the beads!
I also joined a fun KAL for a Carabe sweater. I only managed to get the body and button band knit up by March 31st. I can't find the progress shot to post here, but if you click on the link above, it will bring you to my project page. I had started the sleeves and knit about 3 inches before I realized that my knitting was crazy tight, most likely due to my using the magic loop method. I didn't like how this looked at all, so I ripped the sleeve back. Now the sweater is languishing while it waits for me to pick up a set of double pointed needles in size 7. One of these days I will! I'm presently distracted by other projects.
Which brings me to my current WIP! I'm crocheting a Blooming Flower Cushion for my craft room. I had my eye on this project for awhile. After becoming frustrated by the cardigan and being disinterested in the other UFOs I have had brewing for awhile, I decided to work on something fun. This project is very entertaining with all of the color changes, and it becomes rhythmic after awhile. I'm at a stopping point for now because the flower is now at about 13"across, and I want to go shopping for an insert before I continue, so I don't have to rip any of the pretty layers out. Here's what it looks like:
Now I am a crochet novice, so my flower is a little wonky, but it's nothing that an iron can't fix. I noticed as I was crocheting along that some of the petals like to squish up a bit, so I think pressing them down will do the trick.
That's the story for this WIP Wednesday! Hope you are all working on fun projects right now!