Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas is coming! (Yikes!)

Hello blog readers! I apologize for this long lapse in between posts. The holiday season always seems to sneak up on me, and this year is no different. I'll show you a couple of things I managed to knit lately.

First off, I finally finished my Polly Cardigan. I was a little unsure about the buttons, but deep down I always felt like they were meant to be on this sweater. I bought them from The Hickory Tree on etsy, and I have to say that I really love them. They are literally slices from a tree branch. Pretty cool, right? I really love how they look!

Sorry for the headless photo. The expression on my face was not blogworthy, I promise.

I also knit something for the season. I had wanted to make these last year, but my disorganized self did not get it together in time. This year, I made it happen. So, I have korknisse on the tree this year!


I loved Elliphantom's version on Ravelry with tiny jingle bells and ribbon, so I followed suit. I made one for every member of the family, including the two beagles. I just love how cute they are! I plan to make some as gifts next year.

As for gift knitting this year, I have completely fallen flat. I'm in the eleventh hour knitting a hat for my 1-year-old niece. The first one I tried was a bust because it fit me. Now I need to speed knit another one this weekend. As for the rest of my family, I dilly dallied on deciding what projects and what yarn to use, so I ended up making a big bunch of nothing. It's so ridiculous that I haven't been able to make up my mind about these things. I think this time of year though that I need more enjoyment knitting and less process knitting. With the hustle and bustle of the holidays, the last thing I want is to be stressed by one of my favorite activities, right?

I hope you all are enjoying the holiday season so far. Hopefully, you are more content with your knitting that I am! Enjoy the weekend! I will try to check in again before 2012! :)

Kathleen

2 comments:

  1. I love love love the sweater! As a very new knitter, I can only hope to make something like that someday! So far all I've been able to accomplish is one glove. With no fingers. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! I really appreciate the compliment! So, you're a knitter! Yay! Have you checked out Ravelry?

      Delete