Wednesday, January 29, 2014

It's My Birthday, and I'll Knit If I Want To!

Hello blogworld! I realize that it's been over a year (gulp!) since I've checked in with you all. I've been alive and well, and my absence can be explained by procrastination, writer's block, laziness, or take your pick! Not sure if you missed me or not, but know that I feel a tinge of guilt every time I see that my last post was December 24, 2012!

Nevertheless, here I am. It's my birthday today, and I figured it's as good a time as any to get back in the swing of blogging. I'm having a great day so far, and some of it has been spent knitting this hat.



The pattern is Betsy by Jane Richmond. I went to my LYS last week and fell in love with a gorgeous skein of Mecha in the Jupiter colorway. I have never knit with this base before, and so far it's a dream. The colors are so rich! Red isn't normally my thing, but I totally felt drawn to this color. Garnet is my birthstone, so maybe that had something to do with it!

Even though I've been absent from the blog, I've still been knitting, knitting, knitting. It would be ridiculous for me to list here all the projects I've been working on over the past year. Moving forward though, I would like to officially announce WIP Wednesdays on Kat knits a lot. That way I'll be sure to check in at least once a week!

I'm off to celebrate with the family, take-out, birthday cake (I hope!) and more knitting. :)

Hope all has been well with all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment